So remember my refried refrigerator? Well last night, my cable box all of the sudden stopped working. Keeghan was next to it so I thought maybe he hit the power button... he does that often. I tried to turn it back on and it didn't work, so I went over to the box and scooted it out only to find *gasp* LIQUID coming out of the box!! Turns out that Keeghan thought it would be a good idea to put his bottle in top of the box... and apple juice dripped in. :( Being the smart person that I am, I thought I better unplug the box. I can't reach the outlet so I pulled the chords from the back of the box... and shocked myself. My hand is all tingly and I feel a bit like Tim Taylor! haha I called the cable guys but there was nothing they could do, so they told me to go to the cable office and they would swap boxes for me.
I went to the cable office at 8:00 this morning only to find that they have no more boxes and likely won't for awhile! Which means no TV for us! Good thing we're leaving for a month huh?! They also informed me that my cable box costs like $400 which is my responsibility to pay for since Keeghan caused the frying. *sigh* Fortunately the woman had compassion on me and talked to her manager and they waved the fee. They told me to keep my son away from the box! WILL DO!!!
So we are now living in a tv-less house... will we make it for the next 18 hours with no Elmo... no Wow Wow Wubbzy... no Hannah Montana?! Did I mention yet that it's a good thing we're leaving tomorrow?!