Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you all. We are still in the ER, waiting for a room.
So I mentioned in my last Kennedy conversation that she has a lump on the side of her incision... it was about the size of a silver dollar and hard. It was very tender to the touch. I sent pictures to her surgeon but since it wasn't red or hot to the touch he said to just watch it and make sure it's not getting bigger.
Kennedy was fine this morning, she got up and played with Kass and Kam and then we went to the kids' school so I could drop off some books we borrowed for Philly. She got a little whiney there and at one point sat down in the hallway and folded in half and said she couldn't walk. After we left we headed to get lunch and she started crying really hard saying "it hurts" but I couldn't get out of her WHAT hurts.
I called her ped and asked if I could bring her in. She fell asleep on the way and when we got into the parking lot she woke up and threw up everywhere. She fell asleep again in the waiting room and when we got called to the back she couldn't walk at all and could barely stand up on the scale to be weighed.
Her ped took one look at her and knew something wasn't right. She just laid on the table in the room and stared at us. They did a strep test since Keeghan just had strep and then did a CBC which showed a high white count and high granulcytes (sp?) which are both sign of infection. She's had no fever though. Still, as the visit wore on and her ped watched her lie there lethargic she became more worried (she said she tries not to freak out at the same time as me... we take turns! haha). Kennedy ended up going BACK to sleep there and her ped decided to go ahead and send her to Vandy.
She slept the whole way here and woke up once I got her out of the car but has just been completely limp since then. She stayed awake through vitals and cried in pain and refused to talk. They got her to the back, where she threw up again, started an IV and gave her some Zofran for nausea. They did an x-ray of her neck, she watched a little TV and now she is back to sleep.
Neurology came in and tried to wake her up. It took him about 10 minutes of shaking her and practically yelling her name. She didn't budge. He finally turned her over and she opened her eyes and looked at him and then went right back to sleep. He ordered a CT of her neck and head. They are trying to see what the lump is and make sure there is not a spinal fluid leak in there. Not sure if that will be done tonight or tomorrow.
Hopefully they will start her on fluids soon... they won't let her eat or drink (not that she's really awake enough to do so) and she has not had anything since breakfast... and she's only had one wet diaper all day, so that worries me.
So basically I know a whole lot of NOTHING. We're going to be admitted to a room at some point and hopefully we'll know more by morning. I'll update again tonight if I learn anything new. Please keep her in your prayers... she's REALLY not doing well!